In 2010 we celebrated the 80th Anniversary of the founding of our school in 1930, and a history book was commissioned to tell the story of the school so far. Local historian and author Fr Liam Kelly has been working on the book since then, and it is now with the printers. The book will be launched on November 10th with a celebration in the school. Watch this space for details…in the meantime, enjoy these postcards featuring views of the school “in the olden days” – some places have changed greatly, others not so much!
Here is the school building viewed from the south fields:
Here is the convent hallway, almost unchanged from the original as it is now a listed building:
Pictured here is a basement classroom, once called the Domestic Kitchen, then The Old Domestic Kitchen, which current students would recognise in its now refurbished state as Ms Blessington’s room: